Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Praying for Girls"

Image result for praying for girls teri lynne underwoodOh my goodness, I love this book!  I have a daughter and daily I pray asking for guidance as society is so different from when I was growing up and yet some of the struggles are the same, some are going to be even more so challenging.  I love the layout of this book as there is a reading followed by multiple prayers relating to the topic, then followed by "girl talk" conversations to have with your girl, and there are conversation starters included for three different age groups based upon where your daughter is at (I love this part especially!).  This book is divided into 5 main subjects: identity, heart, mind, relationships and purpose, and then these are further divided into topics/chapters.  The identity one is the section that really resonated with me as girls are starting at such a young age to be caught up in the "drama" that I do not even remember until late middle school and social media plays a big role in this, as girls are comparing themselves to others, trying to get a large number of "likes" and basing their worth on feedback from others.  This is an excellent book and a must-read for parents of daughters. 

*Thanks to the Bethany House Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment