Wednesday, September 6, 2017

discover the real YOU!


I knew from reading the back cover blurb that I was going to enjoy this book and I was not disappointed in the least! It is so easy to have what we do, the roles we fill, the tasks we fulfill each and every day define who we are; however that is not who we are and not what makes us who we are.  Jerusha tackles this while discussing Jesus' I Am statements.  Divided into eleven chapters, each one discusses different thoughts, different aspects, a varying toxic belief that women may think and believe about themselves.  Each chapter ends with personal reflection and/or group discussion questions and also additional resources that could be read to add to the topic more fully. 
Image result for every piece of me jerusha clarkThis is a great read!  It was easy for me to get into the book and I felt as if Jerusha was talking with me, not "preaching" at me; her writing style flows nicely.  She does a nice job with tying together scripture and her personal stories as well as adding in things to really get you thinking and apply the principles to your own life.  This is an inspiring read and one I would highly recommend for women to read!

*Thanks to the Baker Books Blogger Review Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment