Thursday, June 1, 2017

"You can do This"

"You Can Do This" is one of my favorite, if not my top favorite, women's issues books of the year!  Tricia Lott Williford is an excellent writer as I was completely engaged in this book from page 1 and yet it didn't feel as if I was reading the book, but that I was having a conversation with Tricia over mugs of coffee.  Each chapter focuses on a specific aspect of being a confident girl ( I love the layout of this book!) and each chapter begins with a quote which is a great little extra as well.  There is a chapter on knowing one's identity, appreciating and recognizing her beauty, sharing kindness to others, these are just a few of the chapters.  Then each chapter ends with a stepping forward section which is filled with ideas and thoughts to really apply the chapter and the lessons. 


This is a book that I have highlighted and marked so many sections and one that I will read through so many times, it is already looking well-loved.  We as women are so often comparing ourselves with others and lacking confidence in ourselves and suffering from low self-esteem that we are not living life like we are intended to and not finding enjoyment in our everyday life that God has given and intends for us. Tricia opens up and shares her heart and shares examples and lessons she has learned.  Tricia's therapist encouraged her to create a box, really take ownership of it; this section resonated with me and I felt as if I was a part of the therapy session with these two ladies.


 "You Can Do This" is such an inspiring book that had me smiling throughout and encouraged to boost my confidence and really grab onto what God offers. 

*Thanks to the Tyndale Blog Network Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment