Friday, June 2, 2017

"The Heirs"

I was instantly intrigued by the blurb I read about "The Heirs" and knew this was a must-read for me.  The television show Gossip Girl is a guilty pleasure of mine, and this storyline aligned with that in my mind as it is full of family drama and based in New York's Upper East Side.  I was not disappointed in the least! 

Image result for the heirs susan riegerSusan does a great job with introducing the characters and then sharing bits and pieces about their lives throughout the book.  I especially love how the book is divided into chapters, each chapter really focusing on one of the characters as there are so many players in this story.  The 5 Falkes sons were all shocked and furious when a woman claims that she had two children with their father; this does not fit in with how they view their father and this simply changes the whole thoughts they have of their father and their family.  However, it does not appear that their mother is all that shocked and upset by this claim.  I love that Susan begins with introducing the family, giving background information on the parents and a brief overview of each son, their jobs, their education; this really paints the picture of the family as the boys were growing up and their lifestyle and the closeness between the boys and their mother in particular.  As the book progresses so much more is learned about each character and how their lives intertwine with each other.  This is a great read, it is thoroughly engaging and I just wanted to keep reading as the characters became so real to me and the drama held my attention.  This is a great beach read for the summer!

*Thanks to the Blogging for Books program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment