Monday, January 7, 2019

"Real Change"

Real Change
The title of this new Bible study is what grabbed my attention: "Real Change: becoming more like Jesus in everyday life;" I feel like this is a continual goal of mine. 
This book is divided into 6 chapters, each one focusing on a broad concept which is then gone into detail and further broken down.  Each chapter begins with a sentence or two stating the aim of the chapter.  I like this as I know from the start what I am to get out of the reading.  In the later chapters there is also a recap, a sentence reminding you of the previous chapters.  There are readings, discussions, Bible verses to look up and read and questions to answer in relation to that and homework to work on before the next study.  There is also a leader's guide included in the 2nd half of this book.
The layout of this book is very straightforward and easy to follow and work through.  I really liked how direct it was and it was a nice amount of material included for each section as it was not much that it was overwhelming, but it also wasn't so little that it seemed like not enough; it was a perfect amount for each section. 
I worked through this book on my own, and I feel like I benefited from this.  However, I really think working through this book in a small group setting would be very beneficial as well and maybe I will in the future!

*Thanks to New Growth Publishers for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment