Monday, August 5, 2019

"The String"

Cover ArtBook Description From the Publisher:

Welcome to the string. Let's go over the ground rules.

Rule #1: Participation is mandatory.
Rule #2: If any one person refuses to play, the threats to all players will come to pass.

Since this is my game, allow me to introduce myself. I am the conductor. Just as musicians in a symphony must follow the conductor's direction, the selected students and staff of Trenton University must submit to my commands . . . or risk massive chaos and deadly consequences. Even that pesky university cop, Markus Haas, who thinks he'll find a way out of the impossible dilemma in which I've trapped him. Oh, the surprises I have for him. 


Ready to play?
My Review:
Oh my goodness, this is a terrifying and completely consuming read!  Honestly, I was feeling anxious while reading this, holding my breath at times and trying to decide what I would do if I was ever placed in this position.  Markus is a university cop and dreams of being so much more and wishes for the respect that others in law enforcement receive.  However, he is not prepared for what is about to come as The Conductor is ready to roll out his plan and he has Markus right where he wants him. 
I immediately liked Markus and found myself empathizing with him from the start.  As he gets involved with the plan that The Conductor has created, I found myself thinking about how I would respond if I was Markus.  The twists and turns in this story really held my attention and I did not want to stop reading until I reached the end.  This is a well-written debut novel and I am looking forward to the second book in this series!

*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment