Monday, June 8, 2020

"The Heart of a Hero" - brand new from Susan May Warren!


Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue): Warren: 9780800735852 ...


Oh my goodness, I could not put down this book once I started reading!  Susan May Warren has done it again - she has written a book jam-packed with heart-pounding adventure, and romance and characters that you cannot help but love!  "The Heart of a Hero" is the second book in the Global Search and Rescue Series, and you definitely want to read the first book before this since the story continues on and references what has happened before, plus it is another great book!  Also, characters and the story line from Susan's Montana Marshalls series is referenced as well and tied in nicely, so I highly recommend you read that series first (it's 5 books but you will fly through them, they are so good!). 
What really stood out to me with "The Heart of a Hero" is how deep the reader gets to know the characters.  I felt like this one really dives into the characters' hearts (just like the title says!) and we really get to know who they are and what has happened in their past to make them who they are today. I loved that not only did we spend more time with Aria, Jenny, and the boys, but also we got to meet Jake's family, and spend time at his family's home.  This really helped to see who Jake really is and the hero shoes he feels like he needs to fill, and in all honestly, that is a role that he fills so nicely! The intense situation of being caught in a tropical storm and having to deal with the destruction, but also the medical issues added so much tension to the story and I just had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen next.  Also, the situation with Aggie really intrigued me and I love how that played out and wow - what a cliffhanger this book ends on!  I am so looking forward to book #3 coming out this fall!

*"I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment