Monday, March 23, 2020

"Out of the Embers"



"Amanda Cabot has written an intriguing, chilling mystery, and she winds it through the pages of a sweet romance in a way that made me keep turning the pages fast to see what was going to happen next. An absolutely excellent read."--Mary Connealy, author of Aiming for Love
 My Review:
Cover ArtI fell in love with Amanda Cabot's writing with the very first series she had written and I am always eager for her next new novel!  "Out of the Embers" is the first novel in a brand-new series by Amanda, her Mesquite Springs series.  The very first page drew me into the story as I met the main character Evelyn, along with a little girl, Polly, whom she is now responsible for.  However, they are not alone as Evelyn can sense, can feel someone watching her.  Evelyn has a past of heartache and apparently there is someone who is out to get her and has not given up on destroying her life even though so much in her life has been taken from her.  She arrives in Mesquite Springs and finds a place where there may be safety for her, at least for now.  I found myself able to picture this town in my mind with the descriptive writing throughout the book.  Wyatt is a strong character, a strong "hero," who won me over as did this town set in the Texas Hill Country.  I highly recommend this book if you enjoy historical romance and be prepared for a side of suspense along with it.  
*Thanks to the Revell Reads Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review Out of the Embers. Of course I'm thrilled that you fell in love with my books and that you highly recommend Out of the Embers. Again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete