Thursday, March 5, 2020

"Before I Called You Mine"


Image result for before i met you nicole deese


"Before I Called You Mine" is an emotional read that will stay with me for such a long time.  Nicole has a talent for writing and creating characters that you will fall in love with and feel as if you are on this journey with them, experiencing all their emotions alongside them. 
Lauren has been waiting for this call from the adoption agency for so long.  However, she was not anticipating meeting someone in the meantime, someone whom she feels herself falling for, falling in love with, but it has happened with Joshua.  Lauren and Joshua grew up in such vastly different families and as they each experience the other's life, their eyes are open and their hearts are becoming more intertwined.  Yet, this leads to more soul searching and difficult decisions being made. 
This is a book that I struggle with even trying to describe, as when I was reading it, I was really experiencing the story.  The characters all became so real, their emotions so real and I felt as if I was a part of this story.  I could easily picture the characters and loved how the scenes just came to life in my mind.  Lauren was broken in so many ways and yet she could find healing through the various individuals in her life through teaching her students, time with her best friend, time with Joshua and his family.  Christmas with the Avery family was one of my favorite parts of the book.  This is a beautiful story from start to finish of relationships, love, sacrifice, and healing and one that I highly recommend! 
Image result for before i met you nicole deese

No comments:

Post a Comment