Sunday, September 8, 2019

this year's new Christmas novella from Melody Carlson!


Cover ArtEvery year at this time I look forward to the newest Christmas novella from Melody Carlson and here is this years - "Christmas in Winter Hill."  I loved last years and I love this years!  Seriously, I am never disappointed! Krista has her reasons for not enjoying Christmas and the whole Christmas season.  However, she has been hired on as the city manager for a town by the name of Winter Hill and when she arrives she realizes just how seriously this town takes Christmas. Emily, Krista's 8 year-old daughter, is so excited about this move and to have a real home; however, their apartment does not quite fit that for them.  Krista is determined to do her job and do it well, and she finds herself warming up to the holiday season and feeling at home in the town.  However, she is met with resistance from a few in positions of authority and community members both.  This is such a great story, filled with pain, and hope, heartbreak and love, and ultimately the feelings of community, home and family.  The Christmasville celebration sounded so fun and I loved how the whole community worked together to put on such an event, a total Stars Hallows vibe going on with this!  The contest to win the Christmas House was such a fun idea and I love reading about the decorating of the home as I could totally picture this house in my mind.  However, my most favorite part of the book is the homey feeling with Pauline's family and her home and farm, especially on Thanksgiving.  If I was Krista, I would want Pauline on my side as well as the rest of her family. I highly recommend this sweet Christmas novella as it will leave you smiling and feeling at home.  
*Thanks to the Revell Reads Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment