Wednesday, September 28, 2016

"The Raven"

Mike Nappa brings back Private Investigators Trudi Coffey and Samuel Hill in his second Coffey & Hill novel, "The Raven" and if you thought book #1, "Annabel Lee," was difficult to put down then you are going to love "The Raven!"  I love how Mike begins this novel with a few pages in the "now" and then he takes you back to 4 weeks earlier.  My interest was piqued on the very first page and then I was left hanging and then taken back to weeks earlier to hear about the story from the beginning and bits and pieces were shared completely drawing me into the suspense and drama. 
Samuel and Trudi have a tumultuous relationship, and yet they make such great partners and have each other's backs (I would seriously want both of them on my side in any kind of issue!).  I highly recommend you read book #1 if you haven't as you will get the background on this couple and their saga continues in this book.  The Raven is another fascinating characters and my heart aches for him, a kid living this life.  I completely enjoyed the suspense, the twist and turns, the characters and the vivid descriptions that are all woven together to make such a fascinating read. 
I highly recommend this book for fans of suspense!

*Thanks to the Revell Reads Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*



No comments:

Post a Comment