Saturday, June 11, 2016

"Loving My Actual Life"

Right away in the introduction of Alexandra  Kuykendall's new book, "Loving My Actual Life: an experiment in relishing what's right in front of me," I felt as if this book was written for me. So many times lately I feel like I am just rushing through life with an endless to-do list and I am not able to relish moments with my kids and just enjoy the fun things of life.

Alexandra wants to change her life by getting away from the "if onlys" and the "whens" and decided to recalibrate her life and her time.  Alexandra began a 9 month experiment in order "to discover what is right in front of me in a new light."  She focused on one thing or aspect for each month as a part of her experiment, as her mindset was that this would be one small change after another that building upon each one would result in loving her life.  There are questions and words to share at the end of each chapter to help the reader further personalize this experiment and book to her own life.  I really enjoyed this book and am ready to go through and change the aspects to fit my own personalize life and be ready to love my everyday life. 
     


*Thanks to the Baker Books Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a  honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment