Saturday, March 26, 2016

"Annabel Lee"

I was immediately intrigued by Mike Nappa's novel, "Annabel Lee," as soon as I read the blurb about it, seriously so many details yet so vague.  Once I started reading the book I was hooked once again, and trying to figure out the characters and how they were connected with each other.
 Trudi and Samuel are both fascinating and strong individuals and wow such a team together, but also such a history together and so many secrets.  I loved how their past and their stories were woven into the book to give us little bits and pieces as they were forced back together with one word, "unsafe."  Uncle Truck is someone whom I experienced a wide variety of feelings as I did not really know what to think about him at first and who he really was, his connection with Annabel, his connection with The Mute and his connection with Trudi and Samuel.  Annabel knew to trust Uncle Truck and his dog even though she was scared, but she also realized she had been prepared for when the day would come that she needed to be hidden away. 
I love how Mike switches back and forth between telling the story from the various characters' points of view and giving bits and pieces of the story throughout adding insight and tying up loose ends, but then also adding another twist to the story.  This was such a well-written book as I did not want to put it down!  I highly recommend this to suspense fans and I am looking forward to book #2, "The Raven," coming out this fall!


*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*


No comments:

Post a Comment