Monday, January 25, 2016

"Where She Belongs"

Johnnie Alexander is a new author to me and I am so glad I read her book!  "Where She Belongs" is the first book is Johnnie's Misty Willow series and I am in love with the setting, the characters and the various storylines. 
Shelby is trying to make changes in her life and create a childhood for her two young daughters filled with the sweet memories that she has from spending time with her grandparents at their family home.  However, the Sullivan family stole Misty Willow from Shelby's grandparents and now seems to be her chance to get the family home back.  As Shelby works on the home and moves back, she reconnects with former friends and meets some individuals whom she thinks she knows, but they are not who they are seeming to be and who she believes them to be.  AJ Sullivan is living his life how he wants to, not how his grandfather had planned for him years ago.  By returning Misty Willow to Shelby is a relief to him, but he is met with resistance from his cousins who take matters into their own hands. 
I loved this book!  I started reading this one night and before I knew it I was over 3/4 of the way through!  There is so much to this story, two families whom have been interwoven throughout generations, bits and pieces coming out through Shelby and AJ interacting, a home rich with history and I cannot wait to see how this piece all turns out and characters whom each have their own individual stories being shared and I am looking forward to reading more about all of the characters in the next book (fall feels so far away!). 


*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment