Monday, May 12, 2014

Book Review - "Unspoken"

I have been a fan of Dee Henderson's novels even since I read my first one by her and she did not disappoint with "Unspoken."
Charlotte was kidnapped and held captive for four years.  In the years following this time, Charlotte has done her best to move on, including changing her identity and refusing to share details of her captivity.  However, this may not last as a book is being written about this kidnapping.  Charlotte met Bryce while selling some coins to him in his shop and she enjoys time spent with him; however Charlotte is very guarded, with good reason to be.  However, can Charlotte learn to trust and open her heart and share her secrets with Bryce and can she ever fully rely on and trust God?
I was immediately intrigued by this book when I read the description of it and I was not disappointed.  Charlotte has had a horrific past and is struggling to cope with this and protect herself and others as well from this horrible period of her life. I felt myself empathizing with Charlotte and wishing at the same time that she would share her thoughts.  I also loved Bryce, he was a great character and I enjoyed seeing the relationship develop between he and Charlotte beginning with the coins that she had inherited.  I enjoyed spending time once again with Dee's characters.


*Thanks to NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment