Monday, December 30, 2019

a Bible study focusing on Ruth

Image result for the gospel-centered life in the bible ruthRuth is one of my favorite books and characters in the Bible.  This is also a book of the Bible that I feel like I learn something new every time I heard a sermon focusing on it.  I felt the same way while working through the Bible study: "Ruth: redemption for the broken," part of the gospel-centered life in the Bible study series.  This Bible study works through the story beginning with life falling apart for Ruth and Naomi as their husbands are dead, but then blessings occur, plans are made and the ending with a wedding. Each lesson focuses on a specific aspect of the story and I love the readings that are included and the discussion prompts.  I enjoyed working through this on my own, but I am really hoping to be able to work through this as part of a group as there is so much that can come from group discussion and learning.  My favorite chapter is the third focusing on grace.  The lists and comparisons of a lifestyle of receiving grace and a lifestyle of giving grace really stood out to me while reading.  I highly recommend this study!

*Thanks to the New Growth Press for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment