Tuesday, October 22, 2019

"A Distance Too Grand"


Cover Art

I absolutely loved this new book from Regina Scott and am so excited that it is a start of a brand-new series!  "A Distance Too Grand" focuses on Meg, who has grown up helping her photographer father and is determined to  carry on for him and fulfill the contact  with the army.  However, leading this expedition is Ben, a former suitor of Meg's and the one whom she refused to marry.  However, both are determined to accomplish their goals as both have things to accomplish professionally, but also each has their own personal reasons for this expedition as well. 
I thought that the author did a fantastic job with bringing this story to life, as it is rich with historical details and the descriptions are so vivid that I was able to picture the scenes and become immersed in the story.  I love historical fiction and I also love "seeing" new places and it  was fascinating for me to learn about the Grand Canyon and this time period when the west was being discovered and paths through the land are being created as it is early on in our country's history.  I really enjoyed these characters and their determination and grit, and also their hearts.  I highly recommend this book! 

*Thanks to the Revell Reads Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment