Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"Secrets She Kept"

I loved Cathy Gohlke's latest historical fiction novel, "Secrets She Kept."  I was hooked immediately in the very first chapter as Hannah is forced to take a leave of absence as she has not been herself lately and she has not allowed herself to grieve.  Little pieces of information are shared that really grabbed my attention and left me wanting to know more about Hannah's childhood and her parents.  Then the book shifts to Hannah's mother and her story begins to unfold. 
I love how Hannah and Lieselotte's stories are shared and woven together in this book.  I loved how the focus shifted back and forth between the two as Hannah digs deeper into her past.  The historical details add so much to the story and I found myself transported to both time periods represented in this book. 
I highly recommend this book for those whom love historical romance and suspense. 


*Thanks to the Tyndale Blog Network for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment