Sunday, September 27, 2015

Book Review - "Taming The To-Do List"

"Taming the To-Do List: How to choose your best work every day" by Glynnis Whitwer is a must-read for anyone and everyone who feels as if their to-do never ends and is constantly growing. 
The phrase on the back cover says it all: "Ever just wish the world would stop for a day so you could catch up?"  I have lost count how many times I have thought this.  So, immediately I knew this was a book for me and I was not disappointed in the least.  There are so many great points, right away from the very start with a discussion of procrastination and also how society and the way of life is so different now than it was just a few years ago.  Then the chapters following this dives right into making changes with how each of us tackles our to-do list and changing one's mindset.  Each chapter ends with a practical application section as well which I thought was a great addition and really helped me to think about and really apply the chapter to my own life. 
This is a well-written book as it is organized in a way that is easy to use and the ideas easy to apply to my life.  This is a book that will be well-read and one that I will continue to use as needed when I find myself falling behind and feeling overwhelmed. 


*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment