Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A great resource to include in Christmas traditions.

"Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Family Celebration of Christmas" by Ann Voskamp is a beautiful collection of stories and activities for families to read and share together in during the month of December leading up to Christmas to learn and celebrate the real meaning of the Christmas season.
Each day consists of a reading, followed by thoughts to discuss with your children and family and family activities to participate in together.  This book is filled with wonderful readings and a variety of discussion questions and activities that can enhance your family time this Christmas season.  I have read some discussions about some of the readings in this book and the author's interpretations of the reading that some may not agree with.  However, I see this as ideas to add to traditions that I already do with my children and some of the days I may use completely and others I may pick and choose from based on my beliefs, the ages of my children and what fits in best with my family and Christmas celebrating. 


*Thanks to the Tyndale Blog Network for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment