Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"Love Idol"

I "discovered" this book, "Love Idol: letting go of your need for approval - and seeing yourself through God's eyes," through a recommendation on Amazon based up on my reading of Holley Gerth's books. If you love Holley Gerth, you will love Jennifer Dukes Lee and this is a book that is one that you will not want to miss out on! The cover also drew me right in as well, not just the image of the mirror and writing on it, but the quote across the top: That endless, exhausting crusade for approval? Ends here. Ann Voskamp.  That was intriguing and made me think about how much I seek for approval from others in my daily life and how I am so quick to compare myself to others. This book is one that will leave you feeling refreshed, ready to face life with a new lookout and is just overall so encouraging.  I have a feeling that this is one that I will refer back to many times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment