Saturday, June 7, 2014

Book Review - "A Woman of Fortune"

"A Woman of Fortune" is book 1 in Kellie Coates Gilbert's Texas Gold series and it is the first, but most definitely not the last, novel of Kellie's that I have read! I was immediately drawn into the story and did want to put down the book as I had to keep turning the pages to know what would happen next!
The Massey family is living the dream - they are billionaires, Claire and Tuck have a happy marriage and great relationship, Garrett works for his father and is married to the perfect wife, Lainie is engaged to the future senator of Texas and Max is finding his way in life veering off the path that his siblings have taken, but he is still around and involved with the family.  Suddenly in an instant the Massey family is turned upside down when Tuck in arrested during a very public event. Claire does not know how her life has turned out like this and if she even knows her husband.  Each family member copes with this incident in his or her way; however with the family bond that has been there for years continue or is this too much to bear?
I really love Kellie's style of writing as she shifts focus with each chapter so that I felt I really got to know each of the members of the family.  Claire is such an incredible heroine as she is faced with something so horrible, yet does not forget who she is in the process and in reality comes out a better and stronger person as she returns to some of who she was before she was married and living this dream life.  Claire also has some amazing friends whom help her throughout this ordeal and I really loved them as well.  I found myself trying to rationalize for Claire what she should do and I found it so easy to connect with the characters as they became so real in the book.  Judging by the epilogue, I am guessing there will not be more books about the Massey family (I would love to spend more time with them!); however I am looking forward to the next book that Kellie writes!


*Thanks to Revell Reads for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment