Saturday, May 18, 2013

Book Review - "The Artist's Daughter"

Alexandra Kuykendall has written a memoir titled "The Artist's Daughter" that takes us on a journey with her to explore who she is and what has really formed her to be who she is.
Alexandra grew up being raised by her single mother while traveling around the world, and while she did meet her father he was not a constant in her life.  Once Alexandra became a mother she decided to really take the time and find out about herself and what is defining her in her current role.  Throughout this journey and book, Alexandra focuses on answering three main questions: Am I loveable?, Am I loved?, and Am I loving?. 

This is a very well-written and moving book.  Alexandra has the ability to bring her own experiences to life and draw the reader into the story.  I felt like I could relate with her on many levels throughout the story and even when I could not I felt connected to the story all the same.  This is a must-read for all women as it explores questions that all women can relate to at some point in their lives. 

“Available may 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

No comments:

Post a Comment