Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book Review - "I Blame Eve"



Susanna Foth Aughtmon writes with such honesty and a great amount of humor that you do not want to miss out on her latest book, "I Blame Eve: freedom from perfectionism, control issues & the tendency to listen to talking snakes."


We all know the perfect world and perfect humans ended in the Garden of Eden with Eve and Adam. However, that does not stop us from trying to be perfect and present a perfect front to others. I know that I am guilty of this myself. The author shares her own experiences, her struggles, her issues with control and trying to be perfect and feeling overwhelmed and just trying in life itself with the reader. Susanna begins with a list of 40 reasons she wishes Eve had not eaten that piece of forbidden fruit/apple, I found myself laughing and agreeing with her while reading this list! This was a great way to start out the book and pull me into it! You will be encouraged to give up the reins and control that you are desiring and give it all to God and let Him lead us while being happy for who we are!


This book also includes a study guide at the end of the book that includes questions. This would make a great small group study with other women. I highly recommend this for any woman; be ready to really think about your own life, grow and laugh out loud!


“Available April 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

No comments:

Post a Comment