Friday, November 13, 2020

"The Negativity Remedy"

 



I feel like Nicole has written something that we all need to read right now.  2020 has been an interesting and different year to say the least, a pandemic and a presidential election, heaped upon top of our normal daily lives, which turned into not being quite so normal.  All of that builds up and causes stress, anxiety, fear, which spews out of us in angry actions and words.  So enter in this book, "The Negativity Remedy: unlocking more joy, less stress, and better relationships through kindness," a book that is so needed at this time (at least in my life!).  Kindness, such a simple word, a pleasant word, but in practice it can be tough, tough to be this way, tough to interact with others with kindness when we ourselves are struggling.  

What I love about this book is that it is filled with so much!  There are personal stories shared, real-life experiences.  Then there is also scientific research mixed in, to add credibility and really show that this works.  Lastly, there are activities and things for the reader to do and really ponder and think about.  All of that mixed in together creates this great book that I have read and will be reading again or the parts I have marked in the times I am feeling less than kind.  

I highly recommend this book, it is a great read and very useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment