Saturday, March 15, 2014

Book Review - "In the Shadow of Jezebel"

Mesu Andrews has become one of my favorite authors whom writes Biblical fiction, and she did not disappoint with her latest novel, "In The Shadow of Jezebel." There are many Biblical accounts that I am very familiar with and others that I am not so much; however when they are made into novels I feel like they truly come alive to me and it makes me want to go reread the story in my Bible.  Jezebel has always been a fascinating woman to me as she is one of the "bad girls;" however she is also someone that we can learn lessons from as well, so the title of this book intrigued me right away. Jehosheba is the main character and the role that she plays is the main focus of this book; however there are many other characters and stories going on as well.  The nation is divided at this time and there is so much hate and fear; however there is also love and God's grace as well.  I highly recommend this book and once you start reading you will not want to put it down!


*Thanks to the Revell Reads program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment