Saturday, May 5, 2012

Summer is on it's way....

Now that May is here, I let myself pull out my summer decor and candles!  Back into the closet went the rest of my Spring decorations (Easter ones had already been put away).  Now I know many people will burn any candle at any time, not me, I am strictly a seasonal burner, so this "changing of the seasons" is also a time to "rediscover" seasonal scents! I'm not one to rush the seasons, but yet I want my things to be out on time, and with Memorial Day quickly approaching at the end of the month (I just know May is going to fly by!) I just had to get out my patriotic decor and my beachy/summery things as well.  It was nice the weather cooperated helping me to feel summery today.  I've had the sliding patio door open, curtains blowing in the breeze and went outside to play with the kids.  A beautiful day announcing summer's approach...

I do like to stick with themes and collections, but I like to mix and match from various stores and collections as well!  On a recent trip to HomeGoods - my first time ever and I fell in love as soon as I walked in the door!!!! - I spotted a picture I just knew I had to have it and it found it's new home today (for the next months anyways!) on a wall in my foyer. Hobby Lobby always has so many things each time I go in and I was able to find a few more patriotic pieces to put in the living room (fireplace room) that I have designated as the patriotic decor room for the summer May through Labor Day, but I'll do a post on all that closer to Memorial Day.

And then of course new accessories from Yankee Candle!  Loved so many of their new ones this year!  Last fall I fell in love with a Yankee Candle tart warmer and that hooked me on the tarts!!  Don't get me wrong, I still love the jar candles, but the tart warmers are so cute and have so many details. The two that I just had to add to my summer decor this year:















The beach chairs I love - one is from last year's Yankee Candle collection and the one with the books on the arm of the chair is new this year - that is my idea of a good time, sitting out soaking up the sun reading a good book :) 





Just a glimpse into my summer decor and preparing for summer! :)  Oh yeah and my candles....today's scents to kick off the summer jars: Summer Fresh, Tropical Fruit, Sun & Sand and Pink Sands!  Pink Sands was a favorite of mine last summer (as I am beginning this summer with about a 1/3 of the jar left!).  Looking forward to burning some new (to me!) scents this year as well!  Island Spa, Vanilla Lime and Fruit Fusion are a few out on display now around the house and ready to be lit and enjoyed! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the table with the umbrella and chairs tart burner... so cute..

    ReplyDelete