Saturday, October 9, 2010

Book Review - "The House on Malcolm Street"

I cannot imagine losing my mother, husband and only son to death over the period of two years and having to relocate myself and my daughter to a completely new town and a home with a relative of my late husband's whom I have never met. Yet this is exactly what Leah must do in Leisha Kelly's latest historical novel, "The House on Malcolm Street." Leah has sold belongings in order to stay in her home, however it is not enough and after having to sleep a few nights in the park with her young daughter, Leah must travel to Aunt Marigold's home. This is a story of facing fears, dealing with the past and finding peace with the future. It is understandable that Leah is angry with God, yet He is the only one who can truly help her. You will be taken on a journey with Leah and will experience a myriad of emotions alongside her. This is a quick and easy, yet emotional read, of mending one's heart.

“Available September 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

No comments:

Post a Comment