Monday, February 16, 2015

"Mothering from Scratch"

"Mothering from Scratch: finding the best parenting style for you and your family," by Melinda Means & Kathy Helgemo, is a must-read for each and every mother!
As a mom I find myself comparing me as a mother to other women and their mothering styles, and their interactions with their children.  It is so easy to compare and then either feel guilty or inadequate as a mother; therefore this book was just what I needed!  This book will not only help you to not compare yourself to others, but it will help you really identify and create your own style of mothering and also feel comfortable with it as well.  I love how the authors share their hearts in this book and their style of writing; this book is so easy to really get into.  Each chapter ends with questions and thoughts to ponder, but also things to do to really put the thoughts and concepts shared in the chapter into action.  This is a wonderful book and one that I will reread many times. 


*Thanks to Bethany House Publishers for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment