Friday, March 10, 2017

"The Way of Letting Go"

"The Way of Letting Go: one woman's walk toward forgiveness" is Wilma's way of sharing her story, her story of heartache and grief and how she copes with that and is able to let go of the grief in order to live a fulfilling life.  I like how the book began with the foreword by Malcolm Gladwell as he compares Wilma with another individual he met whom handled his grief in a very different manner and continues to struggle with that years after the devastating event.  I cannot even imagine losing my child, and much less losing my child in the way that Wilma did and to not have clear answers to what happened for so long.  This is an emotional read, and very gripping.  I began reading and had difficulty stopping as it is heart-wrenching, but at the same time full of hope as Wilma has been able to let go and find peace.  I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking for peace, trying to cope with grief or having difficulty letting go of something in his or her life. 


*Thanks to the BookLook Bloggers for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment