Thursday, March 23, 2017

Often when we follow Jesus, we feel more guilty instead of more free. Find true freedom in @NoelJesse's new book

Heikkinen1


Book info


Christians are free in Christ, yet Christianity can feel like a prison.

Unchained helps Christians who don't feel that grace has changed their lives.

Often when people follow Jesus, they feel more guilty instead of more free. A powerful book for the spiritually restless, Unchained shows readers how to have a robust faith that celebrates their freedom in Christ without compromising their holiness as God's followers.

Unchained turns to the person and work of Jesus Christ as the source of freedom-not just his work 2,000 years ago but also what he is doing today. As readers dig into the meaning of the freedom that Jesus offers, they will understand, perhaps for the first time, what true freedom in Christ means.





Noel Jesse Heikkinen is a pastor at Riverview Church, a multi-site church of over 3,000 near Lansing, Michigan. Heikkinen also helps lead the church planting ministry Acts 29 and is the chairman of the board for the mission agency Reliant. He and his wife, Grace, have four children.

Find out more about Noel Jesse at noeljess.com.



Like us on Facebook
 
Follow us on Twitter
 
View on Instagram

My Review:
I was very intrigued by this book based on the title and description, "Unchained: if Jesus has set us free, why don't we feel free?"  I mean the word freedom is so big and has so many meanings and really is an important concept to so many, but in different ways.  Freedom, rights, privileges are such hot topics in society and yet it may be ourselves whom are limiting our own freedoms and limiting the feelings of freeness and freedom that we each long to experience.  I found this book to be eye-opening and thought-provoking as I read through each chapter I really thought about myself and the limits, the rules I make for myself, and then what God says and His expectations for me.  I loved that there are discussion questions included at the end of each chapter; I read this through myself, but would love to do this with a small group in the future and those questions will be perfect! 


Heikkinen2

No comments:

Post a Comment