Saturday, March 25, 2017

"A Stolen Heart"

Image result for a stolen heart amanda cabotAmanda Cabot is a must-read author for me and her latest novel did not disappoint in the least!  "A Stolen Heart" is book #1 in Amanda's newest historical romance series, Cimarron Creek Trilogy.  This series begins with Lydia traveling to Texas to meet up with her fiancée and begin a new life.  However, Lydia is a Yankee, from Syracuse, NY, and she is snubbed on the stagecoach and begins to question her plan.  Lydia knows that she loves Edgar and she knows the area he went to and his desire for independence, meaning he wants them to have their own business as he does not want to be working for someone else.  However, that is all Lydia knows and then when she arrives in town, she finds out from the town sheriff Travis that he is not there; however, his wife is. 
I was immediately drawn into the book in the first few pages and just wanted to keep reading!  Lydia is so sweet and naïve and being a Yankee myself, growing up not far from Syracuse, I loved that I could picture her home so well, even if it was a different time period.  There was such a mysterious feel and adventure as well as Lydia does not really have a set plan and of course with Edgar's disappearance there is so much more unknown there. I love all the characters and their stories and lives intersecting. Amanda does historical romance so well, she brings the characters to life and brings the small town and the time period to life.  The sneak peak for book #2 at the end has me eager for that to be released!

*Thanks to the Revell Reads Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review A Stolen Heart. I appreciate your comments and, of course, I'm delighted that you enjoyed the story. As a side note, where did you live that was near Syracuse? I went to school there and couldn't resist having a heroine from Syracuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, I live in Smyrna, a tiny town near Norwich, Sherburne, Hamilton...about a hour south of Syracuse. I have a few friends who have gone to SU as well and of course know tons of SU basketball fans!

      Delete