Monday, September 23, 2019

"The Girl Behind the Red Rope"


Cover ArtTed Dekker and his daughter Rachelle have teamed up on this latest novel "The Girl Behind the Red Rope" and it is a thought-provoking read from start to end.  Grace has been raised a certain way, living a certain way, believing very specific things; however what is truth and what is not?  Grace finds herself questioning her entire life and what she believes as well as who can be believed and trusted and who is actually an enemy.  I found myself completely intrigued right from the start as Grace and the church filled with people saw the Fury and then the story jumps ahead 13 years.  I loved getting that glimpse of the back story and the scene being set and then such a span of years to then catch up on while at the same time in the present day story.  I really liked how this story is told and I found myself really taking my time reading as I did not want to miss a little detail as well as trying to process and think through things.  The struggle between light and dark, good and evil and the search for truth and staying strong in one's faith are the themes throughout.  I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it.  
*Thanks to the Revell Reads Blogger Review Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment