Tuesday, November 6, 2018

featured recipe from a brand-new "Eat Like a Gilmore" cookbook!


I was so excited to have the chance to try out one of the recipes from the brand-new cookbook - released TODAY - one of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore's favorites!


"Gilmore Girls" is one of my all-time favorite shows!  I just love the small town of Stars Hallow, all of the festivals they have celebrating the seasons, various quirky events they think up, and the people and their friendships.  However, I cannot leave out the food on this show!  Each episode not only consists of Lorelai and Rory drinking coffee (lots and lots of coffee), but also eating food, a lot of food, a big variety of food!  Luke's Diner is one of my favorite things about the show, and of course you can go there for coffee and doughnuts, or burgers and fries.  Then there is Sookie's kitchen at the Inn which always looks amazing and if I could go through the screen I know it would smell amazing as well.  And I cannot forget about Al's Pancake World with his international grab bag nights and the variety of cuisines he serves there and the Friday night dinners at the Gilmore home with the grandparents.

This is a second volume of recipes as the first "Eat Like a Gilmore" was released 2 years ago and now Kristi Carlson is back with 100 new recipes in this new book!

I was able to try the Sweet and Sour Pork recipe.  Let me tell you, it smelled amazing while it was cooking!  This could have been similar to what was eaten from Al's Pancake World or at the mall food court while Lorelai and Rory were there window shopping, saw Emily and spent time shopping and then introducing her to the many wonders of the food court!

When I first looked at the recipe, I saw a list of ingredients, lots of ingredients as there is the pork, the sauce, the veggies, the rice and therefore thought it would be a lot of steps and time consuming.  However, I was wrong! This recipe is very straightforward and easy to follow.

The first step is preparing the pork, cutting it, putting it in a homemade marinade, dipping it in cornstarch and frying it.

 The frying part was super easy as well, I haven't really done much cooking at all like that, but it was clear in the directions, and I had no problems!

Next was making the sauce on the stove, that smelled absolutely amazing while it was cooking!  Then was cutting up the veggies and sauteing them on the stove, once again, clear directions and smelled yummy!  Once the sauce and veggies had cooked, the pork was mixed into the sauce and then that mixed into the veggies.  I could have eaten that alone -  (which I did try a few bites here and there at each step!) But to round out the meal, this mixture is to be served over rice. 

 




This was such a great recipe!  Easy, clear directions, not all that time consuming, delicious AND can be made in your own home, so you know exactly what ingredients are in your meal and you can be all comfy watching Gilmore Girls, sharing the meal with them!


This is only 1 of the all new 100 recipes included in this book!  I am excited to try out so many more of them, and I love the blurb that is included with each recipe talking about what episode the food is in and a little bit about what is going on at the time.
And it can be purchased TODAY!!! You can find it  here on Amazon!

Enjoy eating like a Gilmore Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment