Wednesday, May 25, 2016

"Take Hold of the Faith You Long For"

"Take Hold of the Faith You Long For - let go, move forward, live bold" by Sharon Jaynes is an excellent read for women, women of any age, at any stage in their lives.  I loved the first part of the book blurb that says: "On the outside, many of us are well-put-together churchgoers with trendy shoes, beautiful families, and wide, white smiles.  On the inside, we're little girls hesitating at the edge of the playground, wishing we could join in but feeling something's not quite right."  I admit that I feel insecure and inadequate time after time again and felt that those few sentences described me and I just HAD to read this book.  I loved how this book is divided and presented as each chapter really tackles individual pieces, pieces that build upon each other resulting in these feelings of not being enough and not living life as boldly as we would like to.  Sharon takes feeling worried, feeling bitter and the constant need to compare ourselves to others, just to name a few.  Each chapter is written in a conversational style that really drew me right in.  At the end of the book there is a Bible study guide that can be used along with the chapters for further study.  I have read the book, just straight through the chapters and now I plan to go back through and tie in the study part of it; this worked well for me as I did not want to feel overwhelmed or rushing through either part of this book.  I highly recommend this book, it will leave you with much to think about and ready to live life differently.  



*Thank you to the Baker Books Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment