Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"It's Not Too Late"

I have to be honest, the beginning of the blurb on the back of this book terrifies me.  I do not want to ever lose the bond and relationship that I have as a parent with my child and the thought that parents may lose their influence, their parenting role as their children grow into teenagers and young adults really does not sit well with me.  Dan Dupee addresses these thoughts and myths in his book, "It's Not Too Late: the essential part you play in shaping your teen's faith."  Dan does a great job with sharing the myths and thoughts that many think and may believe or may cringe at such as I do and he shares stories and ideas for maintaining that relationship and helping the parent/child relationship grow, change and be maintained throughout the years.  I found this book to be filled with hope and encouragement as I hope to always play a role in my children's lives as my parents still do in mine.  I want to be there for them to offer guidance and advice as needed and when wanted and be someone they can always come to.  I highly recommend this book for all parents. 



*Thanks to the Baker Books Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment