Friday, April 29, 2016

Gifting "Pocket Prayers"

Who is your life would love a copy of Max Lucado's "Pocket Prayers?"

I have decided to gift my copy of "Pocket Prayers for Dads" and "Pocket Prayers for Moms" to the best, most deserving parents in the world (in my opinion), my parents. 
 


My parents have been married for over 50 years - it will be 54 years in July!  They became parents ten months later and as I have learned once you become a parent, you are always a parent and thus filled with sleepless nights, moments of stress and feeling overwhelmed, but also moments of love, and sweet moments.  They are parents to nine children, grandparents to 21 grandchildren, and are awaiting the birth of their 3 great-grandchild in a few weeks.  I have two children of my own and since becoming a mom I have come to appreciate my parents even more and realize just all they have done and continue to do for me and for my children as their grandparents.  I find myself needing encouragement and a few minutes of help and guidance every day, as I'm sure my parents and all parents have needed as well.  Therefore, I decided that I wanted to gift these books to the most deserving parents in my life, my own parents, as a thank you, but also as something that can provide moments of rest, and encouragement in a nice little hardcover book that can be picked up and read whenever they want or need. 



No comments:

Post a Comment