Monday, April 18, 2016

"Brazen"

"Brazen: the courage to find the you that's been hiding," Leeana Tankersley, is a book that I lost myself in this past weekend.  I picked it up to just read a few pages before going to sleep and could not put it down!  I love Leeana's style and format of this book, so easy to read and so personal.  The book is divided into three main sections: receive - your identity, reclaim - your voice and recover - your soul.  Each of the chapters in these sections build upon each other and each chapter end with two interactive sections, which are reflection & expression and for your brazen board.  I love it when exercises, journaling prompts and/or activities are included at the end of chapters as I feel like this really helps me to become engaged in the book and really make it my own.  When I first received this book I wasn't really sure what to think about it and really what it was going to be about as "brazen" is a word that I hear or use frequently.  I found myself completely validated early on in the book as Leeana discussed this fact, stating that she was shocked when she used that word one day as it is not a word that is a common part of her vocabulary, but it should be.  Leenana explains that the definition for brazen is without shame and she stresses throughout her book that brazen is a word worth living and a word worth using in our own lives as we should strive to live our lives without shame and bring out those parts that have been hidden under the surface.  I highly recommend this book, you will not be sorry you read it!


*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest reivew.*

No comments:

Post a Comment