Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Book Review - "The Mistress of Tall Acre"

"The Mistress of Tall Acre" is new historical romance from Laura Frantz.  First of all, I love the cover of this book, it is beautiful and fits so well. 
I loved this story as it was filled with historical detail and wonderful characters.  The story begins with an event that is both joyful and sorrowful and then jumps ahead five years where I was immediately drawn into an adorable little girl's world.  This story is set in the midst of and following the American Revolution War and when General Seamus returns home to care for his daughter whom is really a stranger to him, he makes a decision that he believes will better their lives, but then things are thrown into an upheaval once again.
I loved the descriptions of Tall Acre and the surrounding land and scenery; that and the historical detail really brought it all alive to me.  I felt as if I was transported there and really became immersed in the story. 
If you are a fan of historical romance, this is a book you do not want to miss out on!


*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment