Saturday, July 5, 2014

Book Review - "When I Fall in Love"

I love Susan May Warren's Christiansen family series and I wish this was a family that lived in my town and I could interact with and be friends with.  "When I Fall in Love" focuses on the middle daughter of the family, Grace.  Grace believes she is content to live in Deep Haven for the rest of her life and cook and serve others.  When Grace is given the trip of a lifetime, traveling to Hawaii for a cooking course, she gets a whole lot more than she bargained for.  Her sister Eden is engaged to hockey star Jace and Jace's teammate Max is going on this same trip.  Max looks forward to these three weeks each year when he is off from hockey and he is able to escape and do what he enjoys, cooking.  However, Max is also struggling with what his future holds for him and he has been content with being alone until he meets Grace. 
Although this book focuses on Grace, the rest of the family is also a part of the story and the reader is able to be caught up on their lives as well.  Darek and Ivy are married in the start of the book, Eden is planning her wedding to Jace and Owen and Casper are both struggling with trying to find their niche.  I love how Susan draws all members of the family into the story as well as characters whom were introduced in her Deep Haven series.  I am looking forward to the next book in this series and spending more time with this family. 


*Thanks to Tyndale House Publishers for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment