Saturday, June 14, 2014

Book Review - "I need some help here!"

Kathi Lipp has written just the book that speaks to my "mommy heart."  "I need some help here!: hope for when your kids don't go according to plan," is a book that will help each and every parent to not feel so alone, to encourage through moments of despair and provides advice for various situations.  This book is so honest and straight-forward, so much so that I feel as if I am sitting face to face with Kathi and we are having a nice little chat over mugs of coffee.  Kathi shares and I "listen" and then think about and talk through things in my head.  It is so easy to worry about our kids, especially when they are sick or beginning something new or when they are misbehaving and Kathi addresses all these areas and more.  There are so many good reminders in this book, especially that we are not alone and neither are our children, as we have God guiding us and leading us through life.  I have a feeling that this is a book that I will revisit many times and look through at the points I have underlined and marked. 


*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment