Saturday, February 1, 2014

Book Review - "With Autumn's Return"

"With Autumn's Return" is the third book in Amanda Cabot's Westward Winds series and is the story of the third Harding sister.  Elizabeth has joined her older sisters Abigail and Charlotte in Cheyenne as she believes she will be accepted in the position of doctor which she has trained so hard for. Elizabeth believes that the west will not have prejudices against women doctors as people back East do; however Elizabeth meets resistance. One of these resistors is Elizabeth's neighbor, Jason. As Jason and Elizabeth both become tied up in corruption in the town, they are forced to work together and discover their opinions of each other may be changing.
I have loved this series from Amanda Cabot and I was looking forward to this conclusion to the trilogy, but now I am sad to have finished it. This is an excellent historical fiction series and one that has something for everyone - romance, mystery, betrayal, secrets, family relationships. I highly recommend this series and cannot wait to see what is next from Amanda Cabot!


* Thanks to the Revell Reads program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

2 comments:

  1. Kristie -- Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm delighted that you enjoyed Elizabeth and Jason's story and that -- like me -- you're sorry to see the series end. What's coming next (after a novella in SINCERELY YOURS, Revell's first novella collection) is my first contemporary for Revell. AT BLUEBONNET LAKE will be released in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I looked up "At Bluebonnet Lake" on Amazon - LOVE the cover and it sounds so good!! Looking forward to reading it!

      Delete