Monday, June 17, 2019

"Living Lies"




"Living Lies" is book #1 in Natalie Walter's Harbored Secrets series and this is an excellent book!  Seriously, if you enjoy reading romantic suspense, this is not one to miss!
Lane is tired and is hiding behind lies and struggling with depression, anxiety and just trying to care for her son on her own and live life day to day.  She is not prepared to find herself working with the new deputy in town, who also is her neighbor.  However, she was not planning to find a dead body.  Charlie is intrigued by Lane and her boy and he finds himself drawn to them, but also finds himself working in a professional capacity when a crime has happened.  Lane must decide how much she can share and at what cost.
This book is so well-written and I was surprised to see that it is Natalie's debut novel, but I have to add pleasantly surprised and I am eager to read what comes next!  The characters were so likable and I found myself empathizing with them and rooting for them.  The suspense and romance is woven together so nicely, and I found myself wanting to know what would happen next both with the investigation and with the characters' relationship.  This is a great novel to sit down with, and be prepared to not want to stop reading once you start!


*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment