Thursday, July 6, 2017

A perfect family book to read!


"Jorie and the Magic Stones," written by A.H. Richardson is a magical story that will fire up your imagination and transport you back to childhood or if you are a child reading, it will leave you dreaming of adventure. 

Blurb from the back cover:
"Jorie is greeted in the magic land of Cabrynthius as the Child with Hair of Fire who will find the missing Stones of Maalog, foretold in an ancient book about dragons.  She and her friend Rufus are challenged to find the Three Stones and restore them to the Great Grootmonya.  The nine-year-olds face evil dragons, greedy creatures, caves of fire, rocky mountain trails, even a poisonous butterfly as they discover their own courage, stamina, and friendship. This is a tale of imagination, enchantment, and the unexplainable."


First of all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book as did both of my children, my daughter age 8 and my son age 6.  This reminded me of Roald Dahl books at times, the Magic Tree House series at times and it was just a wonderful mix of fantasy, imaginative play, and characters that were so easy to like.  Most of all, I loved the conversations that my children and I had while reading this, as there are many things to admire about Jorie and Rufus, but also some qualities of them and the other characters that are not quite as admirable.  Jorie meets Rufus, whom lives next door and this is the start of a beautiful friendship and wonderful adventures together.  Jorie is spunky, a friend everyone would want to have.  Rufus is loyal and just a good friend to pal around with.  I highly recommend this book as one to read together with your children as it is enjoyable for children and adults alike and some of the names and vocabulary may be challenging throughout the book for younger children.  I hope to see more from this author in the future. 

*Thanks to the Book Publicity Services for the complimentary copy of this book.*




No comments:

Post a Comment