Sunday, July 31, 2016

"Mommy Needs A Raise":

I was immediately drawn to this book because of the title, honestly can any mother say that they have never had a moment (or many moments) of feeling unappreciated and wishing for bedtime to be here, but at the same time dreading the days flying by?  "Mommy Needs A Raise (because quitting's not an option)" is such a funny, honest and totally relatable book by Sarah Parshall Perry.  I found myself laughing out loud while reading this and remembering when the exact thing or similar thing happened in my own life so many times throughout this book.  Sarah gave up her corporate job to stay at home with her children; and while I have not given up my job outside of the home I am completely involved with my children and raising them and while it is challenging and overwhelming it is also the most rewarding thing ever.  This is a must-read for all mothers and one that I know I will read over and over as it is refreshing and a great reminder that I am not alone in moments of despair!



*Thanks to the Revell Reads Blogger Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment