Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Berenstain Bears collection

Book Description from the publisher:

Time after time the Living Lights, Berenstain Bears series has attracted young readers through creative and engaging stories that not only entertain but teach values and life lessons. Now, five of the series’ most loved books are available in a comprehensive bind-up. This Living Lights collection Back to School is sure to be a popular choice for Berenstain Bears readers who have enjoyed the series in the past.
This collection includes:
  • Jobs Around Town
  • Get Involved
  • Love Their Neighbors
  • The Biggest Brag
  • Gossip Gang
My Review:
This is a great collection of Berenstain Bears' stories, one that were old and ones that were new to me.  What I most love about these stories is that I enjoyed the Berenstain Bears so much growing up and now I can still share them with my kids and we can talk about the lessons that are shared in these stories.  Each of the 5 stories included in this collection have a great lesson to be learned included helping out in the community and loving one's neighbors.  Then the issue of gossip and talking behind others' backs is discussed in "Gossip Gang;" this was a new one to me and I thought the lesson was shared well as it was right on level for children.  The stories are well-written, the pictures are adorable and the characters are much loved. 


*Thanks to the BookLook Bloggers Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment