Saturday, January 31, 2015

Book Review - "At Home In Last Chance"

I have so enjoyed Cathleen Armstrong's A Place to Call Home series!  If you have not read the first two in this series, read them before starting her latest "At Home In Last Chance!"  This one can be read as a stand-alone novel, but really you will appreciate it and love it even more if you have read the previous novels in the series.  I was so happy that Kaitlyn got her own book.  Kaitlyn was a frustrating character for me in the last novel as she made some choices that I hated, but yet I also felt bad for her and wanted her to hopefully realize what she was doing and be given the chance to "redeem herself."  I love how easy it is to get back into this series even though it has been months since I was last in Last Chance; Cathleen does an amazing job with drawing the reader right back into this town and into the characters' lives once again.  The diner has been such an important place in each of the three novels and helping the characters to really find their footing and their home and I love this!  I highly recommend this book and series if you enjoy a feel-good read and honestly who doesn't?! 

*Thanks to the Revell Reads Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment