Monday, May 19, 2014

Book Review - "One More Last Chance"

I love Cathleen Armstrong's A Place to Call Home series!  I loved book 1 and her latest, book 2, "One More Last Chance."  Sarah has come home to Last Chance after graduating to college; she is ready to teach 2nd grade, live in her own home and be free from a boyfriend whom she thought she would have been engaged to by now.  Chris, the new owner of the Dip 'n' Dine, is ready to mix things up a little bit, but it does not appear others feel that way, including Sarah.  As Chris finds himself caring for his seven year-old niece, Olivia, Sarah cannot help but be drawn to Olivia and also Chris.  As these two seek to find their way in Last Chance and in life in general, they learn to seek guidance from God and those around them whom care in this town they call home.
I was so happy to have a chance to return to Last Chance with Cathleen as I loved her first book and now I am eager to read book 3 coming out next spring!  Last Chance is filled with lovable characters and I was thrilled that Elizabeth played such a prominent role in the story again and I loved the relationship between her and Sarah and loved that Sarah chose to live just 2 houses down from her grandmother. I loved the scene where Sarah walks down with her mug of tea seeking her grandmother's guidance and wisdom following her time with Chris and needing to sort out her feelings in regards to both Brandon and Chris.  I have to admit I was not a fan at all of Kaitlyn at all, but I warmed up to her and found myself feeling sorry for her (good thing since she is the main character of book 3!).  Chris is an incredible brother to Kaitlyn and an excellent owner of the Dip 'n' Dine and he jumped right into that role well.  I enjoyed his interactions with Carlos and the great team he and Rita make with planning the fiesta.  I highly recommend this series to those whom enjoy Christian contemporary romance fiction! 


*Thanks to the Revell Reads program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this book as well. I didn't read the first book, but I hope to get to read it before book three comes out!

    ReplyDelete