Thursday, March 19, 2020

"A Little Irish Love Story"

Image result for a little irish love storyThis is such a sweet novel and is so much more than just a Christian romance novel.  "A Little Irish Love Story" is set in Ireland following World War II and the lives of two women trying to start over and live life following this major life-changing time.  Mirroring the Biblical account of Ruth, this book focuses on Sarah and her daughter-in-law Anna, and the hope that they have for a new beginning.  So many things appealed to me about this book just from reading the description as Ruth is my favorite book in the Bible and World War II is a time period that I enjoy reading about.  However, once I started reading I realized that was so much more to love about this book than just based upon what I had read on the back cover.  The characters come to life and immediately I empathized with them.  The author's style of writing really brought the setting to life that I felt like I became a part of the story.  The parallel between Ruth and this story was amazingly portrayed and I loved the elements of mystery and suspense woven throughout the book.  I highly recommend this book and am eager to read more from this author!

*Thanks to JustRead Publicity Tours for including me on this book tour.*

No comments:

Post a Comment