Tuesday, February 26, 2019

"Your Future Self Will Thank You"

This book is filled with so many quotes and so many lines that I found myself nodding my head at and agreeing with it wholeheartedly as it was so me!
Image result for your future self will thank you drew dyckDrew dives into a discussion about self-control and the excuses we make to ourselves constantly, each and every day, and that the true enemy preventing us from reaching our goals is ourselves.  Right on the very first page, starting out the entire book, Drew states that he makes the same resolutions every year.  How many of us can say that same thing?  Ummm....me for sure.  That is why as soon as I started reading, I knew this was a book I had to read.  As the chapters go on, the discussion turns more to habits and how self-control can become automatic and how this is connected with habits and how habits are worked into our lives becoming how we live each day.  Relying on God and seeking help from Him and others is a key to creating these habits and changing your lifestyle.  I love this line shared by Drew: "The key to living a holy life isn't simply to out-battle temptation at every turn.  It's to build righteous patterns into your life." I also love the chapter that is included on the distractions that come along with the digital era that we are living in.  The wisdom pyramid that is included is spot on, as it lists the Bible as the base, the foundation and social media at the very tip top.  Unfortunately we get sucked into social media and that results in the comparison game and trying to live through comparing ourselves to others instead of living following God's guidelines and living a life to please Him. I highly recommend this book for everyone as we all could use a little nudge to getting on track with bettering ourselves and reaching goals that we may each have made for ourselves. 

*Thanks to the Moody Blogger Review Program for the complimentary copy of this book.*





No comments:

Post a Comment